The EUHASS project began on 1 October 2008. It is currently funded by the pharmaceutical companies who make clotting factor concentrates. Full or partial support has been agreed from the following companies: Baxalta now part of Shire, Bayer, Biotest, BPL, CSL Behring, Grifols, Kedrion, LFB, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer and Sobi.
Previous funding history: June 2012 – May 2015
EUHASS was funded jointly by the European Commission’s Consumers, Health and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) as part of the European Haemophilia Network (EUHANET) project. CHAFEA contributed 60% of the total cost of the project and the remaining 40% was provided by 12 pharmaceutical companies. There were 10 companies who contributed equally: Baxter, Bayer, Biotest, CSL Behring, Grifols, Kedrion, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer and Sobi. Two others, BPL and LFB, made smaller contributions.
October 2011 – May 2012
EUHASS was funded by the European Association for Haemophilia and Allied Disorders (EAHAD).
October 2008 –September 2011
EUHASS was funded jointly by the European Commission’s Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC) (now CHAFEA) and nine pharmaceutical manufacturers. The EAHC contributed 60% of the total cost and the rest of the funding was obtained from the pharmaceutical industry. The nine main pharmaceutical manufacturers who each contributed equally to the total cost were: Baxter, Bayer, Biotest, CSL Behring, Grifols, LFB SA, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma and Pfizer (formerly Wyeth).
Tel: 0032 487 31 94 04
Tel: +44(0) 161 277 7917